Health Care Rights Initiative
Welcome to the Health Care Rights Initiative
In our fractured health care system understanding your OPTIONS and knowing your RIGHTS is essential.
- Patient care is regularly uncoordinated, medical bills contain frequent and costly errors, and most people have never read their health insurance plan.
- It is well documented that when patients are seriously ill or injured, insurance companies regularly make accessing benefits increasingly difficult and time consuming.
- These inherent administrative and bureaucratic burdens act as a barrier to care and cause unwarranted and often dangerous financial, physical and emotional consequences.
- This medical and bureaucratic maze hinders the healing process and places an unjust burden on patients and health care providers.
- Empowering patients and their caregivers through ADVOCACY, NAVIGATION and EDUCATION is the first step toward systemic change.