Health Care Rights Initiative
Welcome to the Health Care Rights Initiative
In our fractured health care system understanding your OPTIONS and knowing your RIGHTS is essential.
- Empowering patients and caregivers through ADVOCACY, NAVIGATION and EDUCATION is the first step toward systemic change.
- Patient care is regularly uncoordinated, most medical bills contain costly errors, and few people ever read their health insurance plan.
- When patients are seriously ill or injured, insurance companies regularly make it hard to access benefits.
- These inherent burdens are barriers to care that cause unwarranted and often dangerous financial, physical, and emotional consequences.
- This medical and bureaucratic maze hinders healing and puts an unjust burden on patients and health care providers.